14 Ways to Spend Valentine's Day if You're Single This Year
Spending another Valentine’s Day alone as a single lady?
It’s so tempting to just wallow in despair on valentines and throw a little pity party for yourself. I mean it seriously feels like valentines is a holiday invented to rub salt in the very open wounds of singles. I’ve had quite a bit of experience spending Valentine’s Day alone, so I thought I’d share some suggestions with you all! Valentine’s doesn’t have to be awful!
Today I’ve got 14 suggestions on how to make the best of a day that can be difficult.
1. Throw a Party – Invite all your other single friends over and have a great time! It’s way more fun to be hanging out with friends than pouting by yourself at home.
2. Get a Massage – Take time to treat yourself!
3. Have an at Home Spa Night – No money for a professional mani or pedi? No problem! Have fabulous relaxing night at home!
4. Get Takeout – Who cares that you don’t have a date to take you to your favorite restaurant! Just order some for yourself!
5. Buy Yourself Flowers – Don’t be weird and send them to yourself at work or anything, but don’t be afraid to pick up some flowers to brighten up your day.
6. Call a Friend – No single friends in your town? Have a phone date with a friend! You can safely assume that it’s a tough day for all your single friends, so check in on them!
7. Have a Netflix Marathon – I’d enjoy doing this Valentine’s Day or not!
8. Take a Workout Class – It’s always good to get moving!
9. Buy Yourself a Nice Bottle of Wine – Or whatever your guilty pleasure is. Don’t let it get you down that you don’t have a guy to get it for you.
10. Hang Out With Family – I know, I know, this doesn’t sound terribly exciting, but valentines is about love, and who loves you more than family?
11. Go on a Girl’s Trip – Get out of town and skip the holiday all together!
12. Have a Social Media Fast – So I know this doesn’t sound super fun, but trust me it’s for the best! No need to torture yourself by seeing how magical everyone else’s day was.
13. Plan a Shopping Spree – Really anything to get you out of the house and give you something to look forward to will help lift your spirits.
14. Spend Time With the Lover of Your Soul – I know this sounds cheesy, but try to make some extra time to spend time with the one who loves you most. Even though it can be tough to see on days like Valentine’s Day God loves you like crazy. He is a good father and he has amazing plans for your life!